INTRO TO MŪLĀDHĀRA
BALANCING THE MŪLĀDHĀRA
- Create a daily morning ritual.
- Light incense.
- Connect with the earth by going into nature and be with trees – hug, lean against, and sit under them.
- Practice diaphragmatic breathing.
- Wear the color red.
- Deepen your asana practice from the pelvis down.
- Practice aparigraha – non clinging and non grasping for what you do not have.
OTHER GUIDELINES AND PRACTICES
2 to 1 Breathing
JOURNAL PROMPT: What are the components of your solid foundation?
To understand the root chakra, we must figure out what are the important aspects of a foundation in our lives. For some, it is a stable income, for others, family life, and yet for others, a home where they know they can return to. Or, it may be something less material and more related to our emotional well-being such as connection to nature, or rituals we partake in daily, or a sense of communion with others.
Close your eyes and imagine a solid foundation underneath you. What is the makeup of this foundation? What are the qualities and feelings it evokes in you? What aspects of your life contribute to this foundation currently, and what aspects do you need to work on? Write down everything you experience.