INTRO TO SVĀDHIṢṬHĀNA
BALANCING THE SVĀDHIṢṬHĀNA
- Connect with the element of water – drink water, swim, take a soothing bath.
- Cook food that you love.
- Create something.
- Access feelings through journaling or sharing.
- Wear the color orange.
- Practice bringing more fluidity to pelvis and hips.
- Practice brahmacharya – try not to overindulge in sense pleasures and constant sense gratification.
OTHER GUIDELINES AND PRACTICES
IDENTIFYING OUR VALUES (YAMA & NIYAMA)
The sacral chakra is directly linked to our intrinsic values in our life. These values are the hidden motivators and programmers for all of our thoughts, emotions, speech and actions. However, most of the time we are unaware of them. Or if we are aware, we only focus on values we think are “good” or “right”, when there are many that may drive us that we do not even realize. They are those that we value, hate or fear even.
CONTEMPLATION & JOURNALING PROMPT
Take a look at the below list of values both from the yogic perspective and a larger motivation based perspective. Quietly and slowly read all the values in your mind. Highlight the ones that you have a visceral felt reaction to in your body. That means a positive or negative reaction. You are welcome to add values that aren’t in the below lists.
- What are the values that struck you?
- Which ones were you surprised by? and why?
- What two values would you say are your current core values? And if you could pick just one?
- Do you feel these values bind you to a false sense of self (asmita)? Or are ones that prepare you to liberate yourself from constructions of “I”?
- What values do you think motivated in you in the past?